Monday, October 26, 2015

Long Update!

Sorry it's been so long since I have made a post.  So much has happened and most of those things have been good!  I have been stitching along and will fill you in.

I started watching my kids pretty much every day at their house since their dad works nights and it worked out with schedules and gave me as much time as possible with them.  While staying there I didn't get much stitching done and was dealing with massive drama from the ex's 2nd wife.  She owned the house and thought that gave her permission to come into the house whenever she wanted and cause issues just about every day!  She blamed me for it but they got together when me and him were married.  It caused me to be on edge every day and was just plain rediculous and not healthy for my kids to see every day.  So we ended up moving them to my house temporarily to get us all away from her.  This will be a temporary move since my roommate bought a house and we will be moving into that house in just 4 days!  Most people can't live with their ex but I don't usually do things in a normal way and I'm okay with that.  The kids love it and it works out for everyones schedules since their dad works nights and financially it's a good idea.  So far it's been working really well!  This temporary move to my house has me driving a lot getting kids to and from school but I have still been stitching.  I also had to get my computer fixed.  I tried to get a new operating system on it but it did not like it.  It ended up being a manufacturer defect so it's nice to have it back for me to read my patterns from.

Another huge update in my life.  For the last 3 years I have been having to scrounge to cover my basic needs of living, like housing etc. because my aunt who was the payee of my disability cut me off when I stood up to my toxic mother.  I fought tooth and nail not to go back and was part of the reason why I moved away for a little while.  I finally had my court hearing to regain control of my disability and I got it!!  It was such a hrad road including a year and a half of being homeless or sleeping on friends couches but I have never been healthier and it has made me stronger in ways I can't even begin to describe!  It was a huge win for me knowing that good things come to good people especially when you work hard to overcome it!  I need to figure out what is next in my life and what I want to focus on next.  I will update you on my stitching now!

Sapphire Birthstone by HAED (Heaven and Earth Designs)

I have hit a big milestone!  I got the top row done of the pattern all stitched up.  I tried to do the cross country approach on these pages and the frog hit me big time!  I will not be doing cross country like that again!  While I was unstitching to find out where my mistake was I accidentally cut some of my fabric in the process so I need to try to do a patch.  I have everything to do it but haven't quite completed it yet.  So in the pictures you will see a blank spot where I need to patch it.  Here are the update pictures...

This is the sample picture of what it will look like EVENTUALLY! LOL


Progress pictures on the last full page and the partial page to complete the top row.




Complete top row except for where I need to do the patch.




Current progress and the start of the second row of pages!




While my computer was out of commission I had to work on a pattern that wasn't on my computer so I decided to start the second rocking horse in a series of them.  I had already completed the first one that I chose to do of this series.  I got quite a bit done on it too however, this one at the beginning was plagued with the frog.  It took me numerous tries to get the front legs right but once I got going it went quickly.  I did this over the course of a weekend but I still need to finish it!  Here are those pictures.





Last but not least is my new start!  If you remember I had purchased a new HAED chart and was working on getting the materials to start it.  It was harder than I thought since my LNS didn't have a big enough piece of fabric in their shop.  They ordered one for me and it came in last week and now I am on a first name basis there after ordering this! LOL!!!  I am big on supporting small business and that is a huge reason why I am a cash only person.  Since my dad was a small business owner I would much rather spend my money at small business than big box stores so it took a bit longer for me to get started but I'm okay with that.  If I can't buy things from a local business I choose places that are based in my state over anyone else since it will stay in Michigan's economy.  We were hit so hard with the recession as a state it's the least I could do.  So I got this one started over the last few days.

This is called Little Cake Shop by designer Aimee Stewart and charted by Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED).


Here are my progress pictures.  I worked on this for a good bit of the last two days and I don't feel like I've gotten very far but this is HUGE as it's the Supersized one.

This fabric covers my entire bed and as you can see my computer in the background for a comparison of the size.  This one is going to take me just a little while, haha!, to finish.







I love taking close ups so you can see the different colors in just a little section.  I truly love working on this one so far even tho the project itself is daunting!  With all 4 of my kids in school now I can get some done when they are in school.  Once we get moved to the new house this weekend I should have time to devote to this and my other projects!  I love how stitching allows me time to slow down and think things through while I'm accomplishing something.  I don't know what I would do without a way to relax without this craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment